A new era in WA Racing

Individually both the clubs have been around since the 1900’s.  In 1909 a paddock on the edge of town was chosen as the ideal location due to the large red gums providing shade for the picnickers and spectators to watch the racing and gymkhana events.  The course was laid out along the creek within the natural amphitheatre.  The Narrogin Picnic Race Club was formed, and these meetings maintained and strengthened interest in horse racing.

Narrogin Electric Light Trotting Club began in the 30s and we have raced under lights ever since. Stories of Race rounds out to Dumbleyung, Katanning, Wagin, Williams with a meet every week saw the sporting of trotting a glorious social outing for the towns to support.

With both codes running strong in the town it seemed the sensible move not only for both clubs but RWWA to combine forces allowing the Clubs to prosper under 1 banner.

On November 19, 2007 a joint Special General Meeting of the Narrogin Turf Club and Narrogin Harness Racing Club was held to vote on the amalgamation. The members of both Clubs unanimously voted in favour of the amalgamation.  After much discussion with respect to naming the club it was officially incorporated as Narrogin Race & Pace Inc on 13th February, 2008.

This began a new era in WA Racing when Narrogin Racing held its official Launch Meeting on September 28th 2008. Narrogin Racing is the first club in WA to incorporate both Thoroughbred and Harness Racing. A big crowd, comprising of visitors from Perth and the surrounding area, gathered at Narrogin Racing to be a part of WA racing history.

Racing has stayed close to the hub of Narrogin, only minutes’ walk to the pubs, hotel/motels and the centre of town.


Narrogin Racing logo


Become a Sponsor